Thinks about this…what if you had just ten customers per day and each customer tipped five dollars? That’s an extra $1,000 per month! While tips may seem small, they definitely add-up and are worthwhile.
With a little daily effort, soon earning tips will become a significant part of your monthly income. While asking for tips is never professional, there are several tricks you can use to encourage your clients to tip a little more generously.
Here are a few ways to help you earn a little extra in tips without reminding your customers.
The number one trick to increasing your tip is to increase the overall bill or upsell. While this might seem obvious and easy, it shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Don’t miss opportunities to increase your sales – you have already earned your customer, so why not help them maintain their service at home by purchasing a product or tool?
- Be genuine and helpful. As the expert, your customer trusts you and values your tips and tricks. Never make recommendations just to make a sale, but if you see value in suggesting a product or tool, offer it
- There’s a lot competing for your client’s attention, so cut through the noise and find ways to stand out from the crowd. With unique business management tools you haven’t seen anywhere, Beautster can give you a competitive edge.
- Be inviting, and make your client feel like you are your own business owner, not just a staff member.
- Personalize yourself and your services. If you are required to wear a uniform, make it your own and accessorize to showcase your unique style and personality.
- Researchers have found, for example, that customers are much more drawn to a waitress with accessories or a flower in her hair and tend to tip higher.
- Always introduce yourself by name, and show off your personality through your outfit- the more you differentiate yourself, the higher your customers will tip.
BE FRIENDLY AND ENTERTAINING
- Clients who have a good time during their service are more likely to tip higher.
- Provide up-to-date magazines in your lobby- customers appreciate having something current to read while they wait.
- Offer free WiFi and play upbeat music
Play videos of hair trends, fashion shows, makeup tips, etc.